Multicultural & Cross-Cultural Practice Partner
Sheba is a highly regarded multicultural marketer and a leading cross-cultural expert. Her experiences span across several countries including Australia, India, China, USA, UK, among others. Sheba was recently awarded the prestigious and inaugural International Advertising Association’s IAA Inspire – Champion Award, which paid tribute to her lifetime achievement and contribution towards excellence in global marketing communication. Sheba is the founder of GCX Group.
Celebrate life and enjoy it! Any negative situation in life or work can be turned into a positive outcome. As long as people are the key in all that you do, the outcome is always successful.
Help businesses make cultural intelligence (CQ) their mantra and assist them to build strategic partnerships for a sustainable global business model.
Sheba thinks on her feet and values change as a way of life. As a leading multicultural marketing strategist, her insights & advice have assisted marketers across several industry categories including financial services, telecom, automobiles, health, pharmaceuticals and various FMCGs.
Sheba is a leading cross-cultural consultant and leads the cross-cultural practice at GCX. She is a strong proponent of bilateral trade relationships between Australia and Asian countries, especially India, through her Industry & Board positions. She is the co-founder and CEO of MultiConnexions (MCX), which is Australia’s only integrated multicultural marketing agency to have won the GOLD EFFIE award in its category.
Sheba advises the Australian and Indian governments on bilateral trade issues and cultural barriers in doing business in Asia. She has led several international trade delegations. She was also a part of the CEO-delegation to India led by former Australian Prime Minister Hon. Tony Abbott MP, in 2014.
She mentors women and young people to enter the world of Business, Marketing & Communications. She is a regular speaker at industry conferences and universities, including the Australian School of Business, and at client offsite planning meetings.
- Co-founder and CEO, MultiConnexions (MCX)
- MD and Senior Management roles at McCann, WPP and Inter-publicity
- Program and Marketing Faculty Member Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Lucknow, India.
Current Board Positions:
- National Chair, Australia India Business Council (AIBC)
- Board Member, Australia India Council (Department of Foreign Affairs & Trade – DFAT)
- Director, International Advertising Association (IAA) Australia Chapter
- Chair, Women in Business Chapter, AIBC
- President and Chair, India HR
- IAA Inspire – Champion Award 2015/2016
- CLIO & DILO (USA) for Glaxo
- Gold at CANNES for India Tourism
- Ogilvy International Award for best PR campaign for Boots – Ostelin
- Ogilvy International Award for Best Marketing Campaign – Western Union
- Asia Pacific PR Award for DIMA Olympics multimedia campaign and international media launch
- EFFIE GOLD for the best Multicultural Marketing campaign, HSBC/MultiConnexions
- CRC Multicultural Marketing Awards – Telstra, BigPond & NRMA Insurance
- Westpac CEO 1st and furious agency medal
- Arch of Excellence for ‘Best Entrepreneur’ category, Govt of India (1999)
- Excellence in Business award – UIA
- Business Woman of the Year award – GOPIO
- South Asian Community Role Model award – Rabitah
- Salvation Army Red Shield Appeal
- Follow Your Dreams Foundation, Australia – Trustee & Board Member
- Social media
- Experiencing different cultures
In The Media: